- Bread and bread products
- Packaged water (bottle and sachet) renewal only
- Dry finger foods: chin-chin, popcorn, plantain chips and potato chips
- Locally grown rice and other packaged farm produce
- Seasoning and spices
- Palm oil
- Dried fish and fish products
- Dried meats and meat products
- Liquid soap (Hand wash, dish wash, car wash)
- Petroleum jelly
It is no more news that a minimum fee of #50,000 is attached to late renewal of food and other products license. Though some manufacturers deliberately delayed/procrastinated on the renewal process. Others are simply not aware when to start the renewal process which may be due to the fact they don’t have the product notification for the previous renewal process; making them to pay the for late renewal. As the saying goes that; Ignorance is not an excuse before the law.
To overcome this challenge, Read More
National Agency for Food, Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) says 22 bakeries and 25 “sachet water” factories have been sealed during routine inspection in Maiduguri.
The agency’s Coordinator in Borno, Nasiru Mato, disclosed this shortly after a raid in Maiduguri on Sunday.
Mato said some of the shut factories did Read More
The Vice President had directed the Standard Organisation of Nigeria (SON) and National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) to speedily harmonise issues relating to overlapping responsibilities for product registration.
Also, spurred by the successes recorded in the first 50% discount window for business registration in Nigeria, Read More
Lux is the SI unit of illuminance which is equal one lumen per square metre. Many processing plants find it difficult to determine the light requirements. The following are the necessary lux requirements:
- All rooms and areas of the establishment must be properly lighted by natural/artificial light or both. Special attention must be given to the amount and direction of lighting in inspection areas to prevent glare while providing the required maximum illumination. All light in meat product inspection areas shall be without shadow glare and have a minimum colour rendering index value (CRI) of 85 so as not to distort the normal colour of meat products. Lux is an important consideration.
Specifically: Read More